Free Health Care

July 8, 2010 at 8:59 pm 1 comment

As you may already aware, getting sick in the UK can burn a hole in one`s pocket if you do not have proper travel insurance to cover the medical costs.

GOOD NEWS! All students with a visa which lasts for six months or more will be entitled to have free treatment from the NHS. What you need to do is to quickly register with a doctor or GP once you’re in the UK. Please visit to search the nearest GP available near your area.

Note: NHS is providing free treatment to the students but we still need to pay for prescription/medicines charges which is £7.20.


Entry filed under: Study in the UK. Tags: , , , , .

Romantic Love Song (Hakka) How to keep warm?

1 Comment Add your own

  • 1. Dental Treatments « Dai Gor Gor  |  July 19, 2010 at 9:22 pm

    […] as student, we’re entitle to free NHS treatment but not dental treatments. In the UK, dental treatment can be obtained from private dentist and NHS […]


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Does anyone need help at Heathrow or Stansted?

Please click "LIKE" to follow me on Facebook.


My Twitter

Share this blog

Bookmark and Share

Blog Stats

  • 6,913 hits

%d bloggers like this: